Skip to main content

Blog Journal #1

My name is Matthew. I was born in Florida. I am a studious student who is majoring in Creative Writing. I like to write stories in my free time and also play video games. My favorite movie is Godzilla: King of the Monsters, my favorite TV show is the Mandalorian, and my favorite video game is Kirby Planet Robobot. 

I've used technology before in an educational setting before. In high school, I was given a Chromebook that I took care of four years, where I would do all my academic work on. In college, I have used my tablet to access certain online textbooks. I used my laptop for any assignments that need to be turned in. 

There are several things that I would consider personal learning networks, where I have learned or gained experience in that helped me grow both educationally, and as a person. Some of my teachers helped me learn important aspects about writing, and helped me mold my ambitions of pursuing a career involving writing. My parents are also a PLN, as they taught me on how to interact with other, and they helped me, whether intentionally or unintentionally, build and develop my character into who I am today. Google is an important tool for me to use as well, as it helps me find tips and understand certain writing principles to help develops my skills better. 

Comments

  1. Hi Matthew! I too am a fan of the Mandalorian (not a super fan) and can appreciate your love of Video Games. My parents are also a huge part of my Personal Learning Network and they've been my support system through pretty much everything. Chromebook on the other hand are the bane of my existence, though they are very user-friendly, I shall perish before ever owning one - with all due respect lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #3

There are a few ways I can deal with copyright if I was a teacher. Fair use states that I am allowed to use a limited amount of copyrighted works for the sake of educational purposes, such as teaching and research. When students create their own works, they would be able to use things in the public domain, not anything outside of it. I feel as though these ideas are sufficient enough for me and my understanding of copyright.  One issue involving technology implementation that I believe can be a problem is academic dishonesty. I feel the reason this is a prevalent issue is because of how homework is done in college. Most homework, especially those that involves answering a series of questions in sentence format, involves doing a lot of research and checking to make sure they get the right answer, leading to people wanting to save time. A way to solve this is by not having so much homework, or at least questions in homework that demand saying so much when those problems can be answered w

Blog Journal #6

There were a few things I didn't like when I first started using Diigo. I am not a fan of how you have to wait for people to accept the invitation to get into the group, or at the very least, how the website doesn't even bother to let you know when you've been accepted into the group. Another thing I don't like is how, in order to perform certain actions, you are forced to use the Chrome extension. Lastly, I found the place where I can upload whatever link I wanted to be slightly confusing and a bit empty too. I actually found myself enjoying blogging quite a bit. One thing I love about it is how easy it is for me to formulate what to say here, in a way that it is similar to Google Docs, instead of being confusing like Word. I also enjoy how easy it is to send new blogs to my blog page, and how simple it is for me to check out my page without having any real problems. One thing that blogging has taught me that there was a place where I could constantly post updates in c